This is a really yummy dark chocolate fudge. It is healthy. Yup. The only thing it has is fat. But it is low fat. So....people....I have to remind myself- IT IS STILL FOOD!, don't eat too much!....tehe!
The My husband doesn't like fudge but thinks this rocks......Fudge recipe (until I have a better name! help!)
1/2 cup unsalted Organic butter (or coconut oil...you can taste a little coconut in this recipe, if you are ok with that.)
2/3 cup Xylitol
1 8oz carton of Organic(ideal of course) Neufchatal Cheese (cream cheese would also work but has more fat)
1/2 cup unsweetened raw cocoa powder (if you are new at this and don't yet know where to get raw cocoa powder, then use regular processed cocoa powder)
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein (I use MSM whey, I like it the best)
1 cup (or more) Walnut pieces
1/4 cup grain sweetened Chocolate chips
1.Melt the butter in a large Saucepan, then remove from heat.
2.Stir in Xylitol with a wooden spoon, let stand about a half hour to cool to room temp.
3. Add the Neufchatel Cheese and beat with an electric hand mixer (start on low to prevent spatter) until the mixture is free of lumps.
4. Add the Cocoa powder and beat until well mixed.
5. Fold in the Walnut pieces and chocolate chips
6. Line a loaf pan with wax paper long enough to go up the sides so you can pull out the whole block easily when its done.
7. Smooth mixture into loaf pan and refridgerate for hours until semi-firm.
8. Cut into squares and store in freezer. That keeps them firmer.
9. Don't eat them all today! LOL